Guest Internet Access
Wireless access to the Internet is provided for the convenience of Pantex Plant guests. The service is available Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. in operational locations.
Once onsite a self-registration process allows guests to register the device of choice and gain access.
The following business rules provide a high-level understanding of the controls and appropriate use of the service:
- The wireless Guest Network is an unencrypted wireless service that allows guests of the Pantex Plant access to the Internet.
- The Wireless Guest Network is only approved for processing unclassified, publicly releasable information with government and visitor/company owned wireless devices. Personal devices are not allowed unless approved by Technical Security.
- Bringing the wireless device into the LA Zone or higher requires submission and approval of a PX-3429 (Potential Technical Surveillance Equipment) by Technical Security. The camera and microphone must be disabled. Bring the device to Technical Security for review if there is a valid business need.
- As a service provided by a federal site, there is no expectation of privacy and all communications are subject to collection and monitoring.
- Access to the Wireless Guest Network
- is through a self-registration process (Detailed instructions)
- is for a limited time not to exceed two weeks
- is automatically terminated by close of business of stated date or end of two weeks
For additional information, please call the IT Service Center at 806.477.3614.